Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Monday, June 11, 2012

philip philips

Even tho I stopped watching American Idol two years ago.  I am still able to pick who is going to win the show.  I only watched one clip of Philip Philips in the beginning but knew just by hearing him, he would win.  I have been able to pick the winner since American Idol 2, or at least the top 2, but even now with out watching one show I was able to still pick the winner.

I have come to realize it doesn't matter who wins it any more.  Even some of the winners don't make it big in the music business.  There have been others that place 4th and do better than the one who won the show.   Only time will tell if Philip will make it like Kelly and Carrie.


I will admit I was suprised by the song that they had Philip put out as his first single.
Not a bad song but  "Really!"  Come on American Idol.  I don't care for the chorus part, The song didn't need the ho ho's and Ah ah's. True I'm seeing comments where people are saying it sounds like Coldplay. Yes it sounds like a Coldplay song but I don't see why people get upset when another artist sounds like another group, who cares.




I do hope they have him put out more songs like this one. 


Volcano






3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Yes, the voice, the acoustic sound, a melody that moves easily, and lyrics to sing along with. Nice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Volcano, so far superior to the other, in my opinion. Every time an idol winner leaves the stage, they screw his essence up in production. Second runners up...or even farther down the line...are able to avoid this over management. Daughtry is a prime example!

    But I agree....Phil Phillips was my choice from the get fo. Matt Giraud was another. But of course, mainstream America disagreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your assessment of the chorus on the first song. It's a nice song, and then the chorus first sounds like country, and then the oohs and ahhs take it somewhere else altogether.

    I do love that Damien Rice song "Volcano." So gorgeous.

    His voice is wonderful. I prefer him to most of the singers we heard back when we still watched American Idol. I hope he does well. It's just that there are SO many wonderful musical entities out there, and many of them sound alike.

    ReplyDelete