Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

learning to volunteer is so rewarding

Every one should do this. Volunteer to helping others. I have volunteered for different things. My first time was for LoveWay. It's a place where people with disabilities can go and ride horses. You can volunteer your time there to help them learn to care for the horse and even try to saddle the horse. You are with some one from begining to end. I have also help with raising money for a foundation. We sold cookbooks and held auctions. I also have volunteer for Wrapping for Inclusion. This is a way to raise money for a foundation. You go to a store before Christmas and wrap people items for a donation. I enjoyed doing that one.
I just feel it's important to give some of your time for those who need help.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds GREAT !!! I would love to do that. I used to work in recreational therapy and my clients were mostly head injury patients and we did horseback riding with some of them (O: What a sense of accomplishment when you help make people happy like that, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. I have volunteered once before at a nursing home. It was very rewarding, I absolutely loved it. I am glad you have been a part of things like that, we definately need more people like that in the world. I myself need to start doing more things like that also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it makes you feel so good, but sometimes it is really sad! ive always wanted to be a big sister to a child in need, hopefully i will be able to do that sometime soon

    ReplyDelete