Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Saturday, July 14, 2012

music brought us together

Part 1: Day 1 of my vacation






My trip starts out in this historic train station located right in my town of Elkhart,IN.


With beautiful glass windows and wood benches, this historic train station was built in 1900



once the train arrived and i got settled into my seat , earphones on, and




 camera in hand





i was ready to discover where this train ride was taking me.


we passed through big cities during the night





during the day we passed through small historic towns nestled into the mountain side



We traveled over rivers (names unknown)



riding through tunnels carved into mountain sides until i



arrived at Union Station in Washington DC





 Part 2 : Day 2  Music brought us together


After getting onto another train at Union Station, i arrived in Burke, VA.


I was coming here to join up with 15 other women..... 


A few years ago i started posting on a messageboard where others like me enjoy music. 


I found myself in a thread with a group that calls themselves "Dots"  / "craddlerobbers"
they have a map of the world and for each person in the thread there is a dot on the map representing you.
I don't think I need to explain what Craddlerobbers mean.. (i'm the youngest craddlerobber in the group) 


After 3 years of talking with them and getting to know them  ,they decided it's been to long since they had a get together, so plans were made and before i knew it, i was finally getting to meet some of them!


I spent the next two days with a great bunch of ladies ,i will have ever met. We came from all walks of life but we clearly loved the same thing.  Some traveled from Washington State,Canada, New York City,New Hampshire,North Carolina, Ohio,Illinois and me from Indiana  for this get together.


We drank






We Ate



We drank some more....


We talked ,danced, laughed and sang. i truly felt like i was part of the Ya Ya Sisterhood with these ladies



We enjoyed watching some videos of concerts we have been too


Then we ate




and drank some more!!




and of course we had to pamper Donna (not her real name)





For what ever reasons that has brought us together, we certainly have made lasting friendships




more to come....

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!

    That was a great deal of drinking!!!

    Did you all have any time for music??

    I liked the train stations that I saw in Europe. I wish I had felt well enough on that trip to photograph them.

    I trust you have had a great weekend...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me Shoes, I didn't drink as much as it sounds. I'm a light weight when it comes to drinking.

    This get together was more about freindship but there is always time for music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booze and craddle robbing... and here I thought this was a family affair ;) Sounds like you girls had fun.

    ReplyDelete