Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Friday, July 27, 2012

Step Back in Time #10

I finally got to see Styx, a rock group from the late 70's, early 80's at our county fair



The crowd still loves this group and you can't help but sing along to " come sail away, come sail away with me"






Here are the band members
                                                               




                                                                           James Young


Tommy Shaw


Ricky Phillips


Lawrence Gowan on keyboards



Todd Sucherman on drums



As I'm sitting in the stands
As I start to take pictures, I had to laugh because I realized  they seem to love their photo opps while performing.  It seemed like the whole show, they moved to parts of the stage and did their pose or stance with their guitar. 







Do i dare say it started to feel a little cheesy when they made it so obvious. 

All and all I still had a good time and my son enjoyed their music too.  plus it made me feel like a teenager again getting to hear them sing this

2 comments:

  1. Styx has always been a bit cheesey that way... but that's what old guys have to do to look like they still rock... walk, pose... walk, pose. It's a lot more work than you would imagine.

    No Dennis... no Styx. That's like Boston without Brad... or Queen without the beloved Freddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steven I agree when they start to lose band members it's just not the same.

      Delete