Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Like Rain

He was like rain to me, rain that came blowing in from the west and drenching me until my lungs only could breathe his rain. He was the rain on a hot summer’s night touching me to wash away my pain. My skin never felt rain like this before, my soul never breathed rain like this before. I laid drenched from his rain like a sweet morning down pour in an open field.  His rain fell on me like the rain falls on a daffodil. The daffodil feels the rain as it softly comes down and hits its pedals. The rain runs slowly down the pedals to fill in every edge. The daffodil arches it's pedals, as it feels the rain slowly making its way down, letting the daffodil mourn for more rain.  My womb never knew rain like this before, my bones never knew rain like this before.  To lie dying in his rain, but I no longer feel the rain…..




***  I wrote a poem last year with the title Like Rain but decided I didn't like how I wrote it, so I rewrote the whole thing. 

**** Thanks to Wine and Words for posting this song by Creed.  I keep playing this song over and over.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely! And this is what songs are for! Inspiration and REPLAY. A song played once is simply glanced at. The ones you know by heart are the truths of your soul put to melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My soul will know this song forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely write.

    I would suggest a step back in time... The Who... Rain On Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry... It's actually Rain O'er Me. After I mentioned it, I had to hear the song...
    Pearl Jam does an incredible live rendition, that I did not know about... a show in Boston.

    ReplyDelete