Musicwithinyou

Musicwithinyou

Sunday, February 19, 2012

pebble stones(memories) in the sand (minds)



 As I look around I see pebble stones scattered in the sand.  Tucked in the sand amongst the marram grass.   I find myself thinking these pebble stones are like the memories in our minds. We tend to tuck them away waiting for us to hold them in our hands to think about that moment.  Like pebbles stones(memories)   we pick certain ones from the sand (mind) to reflect on what happened that day.   
                                      
It was a hot summer day we went to the beach, with cameras in hand ,trying to get photos. We picked up some of those pebbles and admired how they looked. So different each one but we only saved a few to take with us as if they hold meaning to us.  We sat ,we walked, we talked and took a photo here and there.  As I sat on the blanket you stood near by telling me about the circles that were in the sand around the marram grass. Telling me the circles are from the wind bending the grass down to the sand and making the grass leave perfect circles in the sand from going back and forth.  I smiled to myself, happily thinking "always the teacher."  I sit there breathing in his knowledge,hungry to learn more. I was like a new born infant drinking from their mothers full breast. Taking in the nourishment and hungrily wanting more.  As the sun beat down on us making us both smell of stench, not knowing who was smelling worse, but yet we sat a little longer enjoying the view of the lake in front of us.  When we finally gave in to the heat and we walked back to the car. I felt the pebble stone falling from my hand back into the sand. It fell to find it's spot with all the other pebble stones. Tucking it self to wait for me to pick it back up and hold it in my hand once again. The memory(pebble stone) is still there but as time goes on like all other memories (pebble stones) it is getting faded and discolored like an old blanket we hold on too.    I will keep picking up this pebble stone to recall it's memory of that day.                            




 

No comments:

Post a Comment